7 Quick Takes Friday-Teething Bites


1. Alessandra is getting her molars. Pray for us. Poor little girl is miserable, and whatever sleeping reprieve the essential oils gave us is completely shot. Here's hoping this will pass quickly.

2. Tony has an evaluation this morning for a new "Big Boy School" here in Columbus. I'm really hoping that he's accepted to the program, as he still needs a good deal of work on his articulation. We were driving home yesterday, and I asked Tony if he would like to return to BBS. "Tony (he always speaks in the third person) loves big boy school! Get to play with trucks and see pretty girls!" Hmmm. Last I checked that wasn't the main objective, but far be it from me to ruin a 3-year old's dream, right?

3. One of my friends convinced me to try those ItWorks! wraps; for those of you who are not familiar with this product, they're wraps that help to tighten your skin (especially problem areas *cough cough* mummy tummy), minimize cellulite, etc. I tried my very first wrap the other night, and while I haven't seen immediate results, I can tell a difference in the way my skin feels. I'm using another wrap this evening, and I'm choosing to remain cautiously optimistic. Stay tuned....

4. Much to Will's chagrin, we did this a few days before Easter.
Tony is crazy excited but somewhat hesitant. Alessandra's expression can only be described as "meh."
Will's reaction to the whole scene:
Attempting to avoid eye contact with the Easter bunny at all costs.
5. We had a lovely Easter weekend; despite (regretfully) forgoing Easter Vigil this year, everyone did very well at Mass on Sunday, and then I came home to prepare our Easter feast. We had our friends over for dinner, everyone ate way too much, and a lovely time was had by all.
Porchetta. I wasn't going to attempt lamb.
Buona Pasqua!
6. My in-laws are visiting this weekend...perhaps I should get cracking on this whole house cleaning thing, no? Oh yeah, and the guest bedroom that hasn't been fully unpacked...what can I say, between Will's injury and a teething baby, lifting heavy moving boxes at the end of the day hasn't been high on our list of priorities.

7. I am so excited about a recent development, and I want to share it with everyone. However, I'm afraid if I say (or type) it too enthusiastically, all our hard work, blood sweat and tears will be forever lost. So I'm going to whisper type it. *Tony is day time potty trained.* Hardly any accidents, uses the potty without being prompted, no more temper tantrums...do I dare to hope? And while I'm at it, any tips for getting him night time potty trained? I realize how ridiculous I sound; Tony is rapidly approaching the 3 1/2 year mark, and I'm sure the thought of a not-completely-potty-trained preschooler is enough to want to send most parents running screaming into the night. Honestly, though, we've just found with Tony that he's going to do everything on HIS schedule (including but not limited to crawling, walking, speaking, eating non-pureed baby food), and if we don't like it, well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!

Comments

Popular Posts