Roasted Sweet Potatoes

I'm embarrassed to admit how long ago I made this (delicious!) side dish, because it will give you an idea of how incredibly lame I am about keeping up with food-related blog posts. But, I'll tell you anyway since I'm sure most of you could use a good laugh. 9 months. Yes, it has been 9 months since I made these potatoes. How do I know? We had our ultrasound in November, when I was halfway through my pregnancy with Alessandra. I had found this recipe on the Food Network site earlier that week, decided it would be a quick, tasty side dish to accompany the ham I was serving that night, and it fit the bill for a "fall" dinner. Fall in Louisiana typically occurs right around Christmas, just for the record. But I digress. I found this recipe when I was going through my Southern-food craze, and it didn't disappoint. It was TOO sweet (a common complaint I have when making anything involving sweet potatoes), but it just sweet enough. Once the weather drops below 100 degrees every day and I feel like using my oven again, I'm sure these potatoes will once again appear on my dining room table.
Source: Food Network

Ingredients:

4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling potatoes after cooked
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. Lay the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a roasting tray.

3. Drizzle the oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper over the potatoes.

4. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes in oven or until tender.

5. Take sweet potatoes out of the oven and transfer them to a serving platter. Drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil.




Comments

Popular Posts