7 Quick Takes; The Parental Units


7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!



1. My parents flew into town this afternoon to spend a long weekend with us (for which I am profoundly grateful, as Will has been gone since early yesterday morning and won't be returning until Sunday night). My mother began her quest of "making Tony the most spoiled toddler in America" by insisting we go right from the airport to the Frozen Frog to get him some frozen yogurt.

2. I'm reading more Catholic books lately. I'm trying to incorporate my faith into my daily life whenever possible, as well as REALLY praying again (as opposed to "please God let me get through the day without selling my child to the gypsies").

3. Who has two thumbs and went to the gym 5 days in a row? This girl. I keep telling myself the better shape I'm in, the easier my delivery will be. Yep. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

4. Tony's Sesame Street big boy potty arrived in the mail today. He has taken great pleasure in grabbing the removable "waste catcher," if you will, and throwing it across the room. Must work on this.

5. Pregnancy boobs are the bane of my existence. No wonder I have so many back problems-I practically grew 2 cup sizes overnight. This is all the justification I need to never, ever get a boob job. (Not like I was in the market for one anyway!).

6. Can I just take a moment to say how glad I am that the election is over? No more Facebook political memes (for the time being, anyway), no more opinions on every.single.radio.station in existence, and no more awkward conversations with friends who have different political views. I'm fairly passionate about politics, but man. Something about this last election has just brought out the crazy in everyone.

7. We are officially taking Tony to the state fair tomorrow, and I can't wait. Yes, yes, of course I'm excited for the cute pics of Tony petting the animals and taking him on kiddie rides, but I can't lie. I'm craving chocolate-covered cheesecake on a stick like nobody's business.

Comments

Popular Posts