Neelys Hurricane

 
When Will and I were in New Orleans last month, one of the best drinks we had was the hurricane from Pat O'Brien's in the Quarter. While I know I'll never be able to completely re-create that delicious (and tipsy) experience, I think I came pretty close with the Neelys Hurricane recipe from Food Network. Since we had a fair amount of people coming over and I didn't feel like making individual drinks all night, I made a giant batch and put it in my cake stand/punch bowl. Consider yourself warned-you will need to adjust the amount of alcohol you add to the mixture! I made my first couple of batches with WAY too much rum, and luckily Will fixed it by adding more pineapple and passion fruit juice. 

Ingredients

  • Ice cubes
  • 2 ounces light rum
  • 2 ounces dark rum
  • 2 ounces passion fruit juice
  • 2 ounces pineapple juice
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1 tablespoon grenadine
  • 1 orange, sliced into wheels, for garnish

Directions

Fill the hurricane glasses with ice. Mix the rums, passion fruit juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, and grenadine in an ice filled shaker. Strain into the hurricane glasses. Garnish with a wheel of orange.

Comments

Popular Posts