7 Quick Takes-WeekEND!!


1. I haven't participated in 7QT in...I don't know how many months, so I figured I'd get back in the game. Also, pregnancy insomnia strikes again, and I've been up since 3:30. Imagine how much I could accomplish if I was a CEO of a major corporation while battling sleepless nights. Then again, about half an hour ago I remembered I threw a load of clothes in the washer last night before I went to bed, and I could totally get a head start on laundry if I went downstairs and threw them in the dryer. That seemed like too much work, so I continued to flop around in bed until I got the brilliant idea to write a blog post. Best to stick with this stay at home mom gig. At least I can wear yoga pants.

2. One more day of work for Will, then weekend, plus a few extra days of leave he's taking to help me pack up for our upcoming trip to Wisconsin. It's ridiculous how excited I am about this (both the leave and the trip). 

3. My kids have decided they love the song "Uptown Funk." I do, too. It's catchy, has a great beat, and it's a nice break from Lady Gaga's "Telephone" (Alessandra's current favorite. Don't judge me). The problem? We're having a bit of an articulation issue. When my kids beg me to play "Uptown Funk," it's sounds like they're saying uptown really bad word.

I can't WAIT until they request this song in public. 😖

4. I texted this meme to my mom yesterday, with the title, "The Ballad of Mark and Marisa's Childhood." 

5. A mother at the bus stop asked me yesterday if I was an expert in moving and unpacking (brought on by a conversation about the possibility of us moving back to Georgia this winter). I definitely got a good laugh out of that comment, and invited her to come over and take a look at our garage. Nope, I'm about as far away from the "expert" level as one can get. I'd like to think that as a military wife who has done 7 moves in the past 10 years, that I've got this down to a science. Lol NO.

6. Will thinks this baby is another girl, based on my first trimester morning sickness and craving for anything loaded with sugar. As for me, the verdict is still out. I think it's safe to say at this point whatever I think will be wrong, so just stick with my husband's guess, mmmmkay? He's 3 for 3, and I'm 0 for 3 when it comes to gender prediction. (Though interestingly enough, my guesses are *usually* correct when it comes to my friends).

7. Looking forward to warmer weather, BBQs with friends and family, Popsicles, lazy days at the pool, July fourth festivities, and chubby babies in swimsuits and hats. Summer can't get here fast enough.

Happy weekend!



Comments

  1. Yo llamada GIUSEPPINA Eleonora, me estoy una mujer bien casado al hogar en Cristo y con niños de nacionalidad Italiana y por mis acciones quiero gracias a lo que mi Dios me ofreció ayudar a las familias en menor gesto por un préstamo de 2000 a 50.000 € al 2%. Quiere contactarme si es referir sobre mi e-mail único principal y: giuseppina.eleonora01@gmail.com para su demanda gracias!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts