Lady and Sons' Chicken in Wine Sauce

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm always looking for new chicken recipes. I try not to make too many Paula Deen dishes, out of respect for my waistline, but I saw this one and couldn't resist. Lady and Son's Chicken in Wine Sauce was positively delicious, and Will loved it so much he ate two chicken breasts. Since I didn't really feel like leaving a half-open bag of stuffing in my cupboards, I made the rest of the stuffing for a side dish and added frozen vegetables as well. Even though this dish isn't light in calories (how many of Paula's recipes are, though?) it was a very satisfying meal and incredibly easy to prepare. I will definitely be making this one again!
 


Ingredients

  • 4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for casserole
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 6 ounces (about 8 slices) Swiss cheese
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1 cup herb-flavored stuffing mix, crushed

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add the chicken to a shallow buttered casserole and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Layer the cheese slices on top.
3. In a medium bowl, add the soup and the wine, season with salt and pepper and pour over the cheese. 4.Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts