7 Quick Takes-Intruders


1. So, this was totally the situation this morning.
  
  I've been experiencing a lot of back pain these past few days, so after getting Tony and Alessandra set up with breakfast, clean clothes, a few books and a pile of Legos, I decided to take a relaxing bath. Nothing like the promise of a relaxing soak with epsom salts and (pregnancy safe) essential oils, especially considering I can't take my prescription pain medication anymore. Well, the second I turned on the bath water, some kind of alert went off in Tony's room ("warning! warning! mama is about to relax!") and they both rushed into the bathroom. I was already attempting soak away the back pain, and Alessandra decided to help by sticking her arm in the bath water and splash me. I very gently suggested that they go play with some toys, color, read a book, etc. Tony cheerfully said, "That's okay, Mama! We're just going to stay in here and watch you take a bath!"

  Sigh. Of course you are. 

2. Hey parents, want to get your kid's attention? Are they ignoring you in favor of a toy, a TV show, or just because they turned on their "kid selective hearing?" All you have to do is attempt to take some kind of break. Sit down on the couch with a book you've been meaning to read, blow dry your hair and put on makeup, watch your favorite TV show, whatever floats your boat. I guarantee your child will be on you the second you look even slightly comfortable. 

3. The movers are coming in six days. I will not freak out, I will not freak out, I will not freak out..
*runs away and freaks out*

4. Umm, of course I didn't break out my maternity pants already! I'm only 9 weeks pregnant!

5. I *may* have found the perfect (or almost perfect) home for us in Colorado. It's a 4-bedroom house in the neighborhood we wanted, with a fenced in backyard, and very close to our good friends. I put in an application and I'm waiting to hear back from the realtor. Here's hoping...because I REALLY don't want to add "house hunting" to the list of things we're going to need to do once we get to Colorado.

6. Parents of girls, please tell me (something. anything) to reassure me that potty-training daughters is easier than potty-training sons. We're getting to the point where we need to start introducing Alessandra to the potty, but I'm putting it off for a couple of reasons.

 a. We're about to do a cross country move. I can't possibly think of anything worse than a 3-day road trip with a freshly potty-trained child.
b. I'm still kind of scarred by the epic battle of potty-training Tony. 

7. Am I the only one who actually enjoys filing tax returns? Granted, our taxes aren't very complicated, and the nice chunk of change we receive the following month is always nice....but Turbo Tax is just so much FUN. Can you tell I'm a banker's daughter? 

For more Quick Takes, visit Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum. 

 

Comments

  1. Potty training some of my girls was much easier than any of the boys. The girls like to stay clean, where the boys couldn't care less. However, I'm a wimp and didn't toilet train them until they were over 2.5 years. (the boys fought it until 3 or older); The girls trained quickly too - and we did take an epic 10 day -13 states road trip right after one girl had trained. It was actually wonderful. Road trips made going potty a routine (every stop everyone went). At home, it's easy to forget until too late. Good luck, and I hope you get a private bath one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t remember (and I’ve done this to a few bloggers now) if you already announced your pregnancy and if I congratulated you yet, so Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts