Sorry for the weirdness of this video. It's the only one I could find.
Anyway. When my brother was visiting last week, I wanted to try out a new recipe and I decided he would be my perfect guinea pig. I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else?) and I thought it looked healthy and tasty, and it met my requirements for a quick and easy weeknight dish. I modified a few things, however.
1. I could have bought boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked them and shredded them myself, but I cheated and bought a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Because ain't nobody got time for that.
2. I rarely (if ever) buy salad dressing, and after searching two grocery stores for the Lighthouse Opa Greek feta dill dressing to no avail, I threw in the towel and purchased a Tzatziki sauce. Probably not as low-cal as the former, but whatevs.
3. I did not use an entire red onion. That would have been WAY too much, in my super duper professional opinion.
Anyway! You will need the following:
|assorted veggies and cheeses|
|Okay, I needed this. It was a long day.|
2. Spray the tortilla (one side only) with nonstick spray, and place on a pan over medium-high heat.
3. Spread the sauce/dressing over the tortilla, and add the veggies. Be careful not to overload the tortilla. As you can see, I totally failed at this.
5. When the quesadilla has been appropriately browned, slide it on to a plate or cutting board and slice it in half. Trust me, it tastes much better than it looks.
|(Sorry. I forgot to snap a picture before snarfing down my dinner).|
4 — 9" La Tortilla Factory® Smart & Delicious™ Low-Carb, High Fiber Whole Wheat Tortillas
2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded (about 1½ cups)
½ cup reduced-fat feta cheese crumbles
1 cup low moisture, part-skim, shredded mozzarella cheese
1 red onion, diced
1 cup cucumber, chopped
½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
¼ cup sliced black olives
¼ cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
½ cup Lighthouse® OPA Greek yogurt Feta Dill dressing