7 Quick Takes-Back in the Groove
2. I think one of the biggest challenges Will and I have faced as a married couple is the age-old question, "what do you consider clean?" Will considers my cleaning habits to be fanatical; to date, he has made about 2038913492928912839 comments insinuating that I should have my cleanliness obsession "checked out." I consider Will's cleaning habits acceptable for a crack house. So, clearly, even after eight years of wedded bliss this pesky little issue still tends to pop up from time to time.
3. Speaking of which, our anniversary. Eight years, peeps. In true Tenney fashion, we spent it away from one another, but we will be officially celebrating with a date night to our favorite restaurant next week. Also, I received these at my parents' house in Wisconsin.
4. This husband of mine...we may give each other grief about cleaning, or getting projects done in a timely manner, or constantly ask, "did you forget to bring Alessandra's shoes to the park AGAIN??" but I truly couldn't ask for a better husband or father for my children. There's no one I would rather spend my days with, snuggle with on the couch after the kids are in bed, and laugh with.
|10 years ago. What in the world was I thinking with that haircut??|
5. I signed Tony up for Vacation Bible School at St. Anne's this month. It's four days, and I'm sure he'll enjoy it...but I found myself getting kind of misty-eyed as I sent in the enrollment form. My little boy is growing up. By this time next year, we'll be thinking about preschool. What happened to my chubby little baby boy?
6. Speaking of chubby babies, parents, I need your help. Alessandra has ridiculously fat feet. When we were in Milwaukee, I took her to see my friend Andy (who runs a shoe store near Bayshore Mall). He measured her feet, tried a couple of shoes on her, and recommended the ones his daughter wears. Only problem? Alessandra's feet are so fat even the specialty-ordered wide shoes don't fit. Any particular brands I should try? This is frustrating, to say the least. She's walking, it's summer and the pavement is hot, and my little girl needs shoes. Preferably pink and sparkly, but I'm willing to let that one slide.
7. Georgia allergies are killing me (at least, I hope it's allergies. Otherwise I have a potentially serious issue on hand). I've had a near-constant migraine for the past four days. I'm pulling out all the stops-local honey, essential oils, changing air filter in our home, what have you. I'm reeeeally hoping I catch a break soon, because I don't do well with headaches. Natural childbirth? No problem. Migraines? I turn into the whiniest, moodiest, most incompetent person on the planet.
For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!