Answer Me This-A New Link Up!


  So, I'm trying out a new link up. Kendra at Catholic All Year hosts Answer Me This, which features a series of questions that you may have all been wondering about me ever since I started this blog. I kid, I kid. Regardless, I thought it would be fun to do on this morning when everyone woke up FAR too early and Will won't be home from work until midnight. Sigh...

1. Do you have a smartphone? 

Yes. Yes I do. I have an iPhone 5c (only because I was due for an upgrade...I'm really not someone who jumps all over the latest and greatest technological fad). During the five years Will and I lived in Germany, both of us had pay-as-you-go phones. iPhones had recently made an appearance at the T-Mobile stores in Germany, but obviously they required a contract, and if there's one thing we lived during our time overseas it was to avoid getting locked into a cell phone contract at all costs. So Will and I had our basic little flip phones that did nothing but make calls and take mediocre pictures until we moved back to the States, and became owners of fancy schmancy smartphones. (Mainly because my parents are on an AT&T family plan, and they offered to add us. We didn't put up too much of a fight).

2. What is your favorite meal of the day?

Dinner. Whenever I make meal plans for the month, I only plan dinner, and I have fun with it. Breakfast and lunch are kind of thrown together haphazardly, and everyone likes to eat different things. Dinner, though, is fun and relaxing for me to make, and it's really the only time we get to eat together as a family (if the Army allows Will to come home from work at a reasonable hour, that is).

3. Shower or bath?

Depends on the day. If I have to wash my hair, shower. If I have a limited amount of time to clean myself up while the kids are playing quietly and not tearing the house apart, shower. If I have lots of time and my back is killing me? Bath all the way (scented with essential oils...ahhhhhhh. Luxury).

4. Think of a person you love. How many days have you been in love with this person?

That would be 4614 days, beginning on October 14, 2001. That was when Will and I officially declared our love for one another (yes...online. I can hear your laughter from over here). We had feelings for each other prior to that day, but October 14th was when everything became official. I should also like to add that we had yet to meet each other face-to-face.

5. What's the best church you've ever been inside?

Well, this might seem like a completely obvious answer from a Catholic blogger, but I'm going to have to go with the Vatican. I mean, Saint Peter's Basilica...there are no words. Will and I were on our first Eurail trip in 2006, and our last stop was in Rome. Both of us were in absolute awe, and I'm not kidding when I say we spent all day there. Here are a few close contenders:
  a. Sacre Couer in Paris
  b. Malaga Cathedral in Malaga, Spain
  c. St. Josephat Basilica in Milwaukee, WI
 d. Santa Croce in Florence, Italy

6. The Feast of the Visitation was yesterday! Has anyone ever come to visit you?

Yes, many times. My parents and in-laws have visited-and helped us out-many times when we were in desperate need of assistance. (Hospitalizations, new babies, moving to yet another new city, etc). We've also had close friends come and stay with us for a little while; my best friend since kindergarten came to visit us in Boston when I was eight months pregnant with Tony. I think it goes without saying she's a very brave woman.


Comments

Popular Posts