Day 5: 7 Quick Takes (The Return to the Commissary)
2. Tony had a complete and utter meltdown on the way back, and while I tried to handle it calmly and gracefully, by the time we got back to our street I had had it. I lost it with Tony, and sent him to bed without lunch. The mama guilt kicked in shortly thereafter, and I went in his room after 20 minutes to give him another chance. "Are you sorry for throwing a tantrum after we left the park?" Tony stared rather defiantly at me and declared, "NO! Want lunch now!" Mama guilt? Vanished. Scream all you want in there, kid. I assure you, I've got a few decibel levels on you. Let's just say I was glad when Will returned for the day.
3. Will ordered me to take some time to myself while he handled our little
4. We moved into our house on base a little over a week ago, and I had only made one trip to the commissary. Big mistake. I let our groceries dwindle down to nothingness ("Mother Hubbard looked in the cupboard and found that the cupboard was bare!"), and I was forced to do my grocery shopping on a payday Friday. Won't be making that mistake again anytime soon.
5. Tonight's project-living room. All of these boxes and the disorganization is really getting to me, and Will and I have made a pact that the house will be completely unpacked/organized/beautiful by Sunday evening. Please hold me to this vow. I'm sick of living in chaos.
6. Okay, lamest quick takes ever. I get it. But after dealing with a cantankerous toddler, a sick baby, commissary on payday and boxes everywhere I look, I shall leave you with #7. Don't hate.