7 Quick Takes-Chatterfish

1. I have long suspected that of my two children, Alessandra will be the "talker," while being slightly delayed in her motor skills (she's getting close to ten months old and she's not crawling yet). My suspicions have been confirmed. This girl has so much to say, and it's pretty much the cutest thing ever. I hear her every morning in her crib going "gagagaga dadadada blablabla." Will and I were talking about this recent development yesterday, and while we remembered Tony hitting his motor skill milestones at the standard age, he (obviously) was very, very behind in his verbal skills. According to my mom, I was talking in sentences at fifteen months, and she's predicting Alessandra will do the same. We shall see...

2. I mentioned in a previous post that I met with a lactation consultant, and I've been taking a bunch of supplements to boost my milk supply. One of these supplements is More Milk Plus. Now, I will give credit where credit is due, and admit that I've noticed an increase in my supply since beginning these drops last month. However. The taste is positively wretched. I feel like I'm drinking a tree when I take these (2ml/3x/day) drops, and the worst part is, you can't drink more than 2oz of ANYTHING for fifteen minutes before and fifteen minutes after taking the supplement, to avoid diluting it. Well, Will had had enough of me complaining about the disgusting taste, and I challenged him the other night to try it. After calming his fears ("no, this won't make you spontaneously lactate"), he bravely gulped down about 1ml and gave me a smug, satisfied smile. "I knew you were exaggerating. It's not so...oh. Oh God. There it is. This is disgusting! Where's my beer? Oh no I left it downstairs!" He was seriously pacing back and forth around the room, and at one point he actually licked the door in an attempt to get the foul taste out of his mouth. (Note: that doesn't work).

3. We received approximately half an inch (if that) of snow yesterday in Shreveport. I immediately reverted back to my high school self and posted a snarky Facebook update about Southerners raiding Walmart during this winter disaster. Will took this picture of our recycling bin, with the following caption.
Snowpocalypse 2014. We will rebuild. 
4. Will has not received his orders yet. Color me shocked. Have I mentioned he's due to report at Fort Benning by March 3? Take your sweet time, US Army.

5. I don't know why, but I've allowed myself to get sucked in to The Following on Netflix instant streaming. While I'll admit the pilot episode was intriguing, it quickly veered off to the cheesy, cliche, fantastical spectrum. Yet another "cop drama" about an overworked, overburdened, alcoholic former FBI agent. Sigh.

6. I was watching clips from the March for Life (which, naturally, was covered in full detail by every single major news station...hahahahahahaha), and I decided that one of my-eventual-goals is to make it to DC one year to march. I mean, 700,000 people this year. Wow...just wow.

7. While browsing through my current reading material yesterday, I realized I have a very eclectic taste in literature. I'm currently in the middle of five books: Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover, Saint Anthony of Padua, Baby-Led Weaning, a book from the Couple to Couple League on Natural Family Planning, and a cookbook by Sanford D'Amato. Huh. What does that say about my personality?

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary! (P.S Please send up "feel better" prayers for Jennifer Fulwiler. She's sick with the flu AND a sinus infection, plus she has six kids under the age of ten to care for. No bueno).

Comments

Popular Posts