Eggnog Fudge

I got a little New Year's present for everyone.

It's been quite some time since I updated my blog with an actual recipe, but I just couldn't NOT include this one. This fudge is the bomb-diggity (I went to high school in the late 90's, so I have the privilege of using those crazy phrases). I found the recipe on-surprise!-Pinterest, and I'm SO glad I gave it a try this year. I was a little behind on my holiday baking (and by "a little behind," I mean I hadn't done any baking at all), and I was desperate to find a quick treat to throw together so I could hand something out to our neighbors. Well, let's just say I'm glad I bought enough ingredients for more than one batch. Will devoured almost an entire batch on his own, and I may have been guilty of sneaking a piece or two here and there. Anyway. I guess technically this is a Christmas recipe, but since I drink eggnog in January...I declare this delicious fudge a winter treat. *gavel*
Source: Catz in the Kitchen

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup egg nog
10.5 oz white chocolate bars, chopped into small pieces
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, plus a little more for the top of the fudge
7 oz marshmallow creme
1 tsp rum extract (okay, so I know this recipe calls for rum extract, but I'm all about using honest-to-goodness rum. I mean...good big or go home, right?). 

Directions:

1. Line a 8 or 9-inch square pan with foil and let it hang over the sides. Butter the foil.
2. In a heavy, 3-qt saucepan combine sugar, butter, and eggnog. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 8-10 minutes over medium heat or until a candy thermemoter reaches 234 F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.

3. Using a wooden spoon, work quickly to stir in chopped white chocolate and nutmeg until chocolate is melted and smooth.
4.Stir in marshmallow creme and rum extract.
Rum extract? Not in my home!

5. Beat until well blended and then pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with a little freshly ground nutmeg on top.

6. Let stand at room temperature until cooled. Refrigerate if you'd like to speed up the process.When completely cool, cut into squares. Store in covered container.

Comments

Popular Posts