7 Quick Takes-A House Full 'O Fun

1. My parents and Will's parents arrived in Shreveport yesterday, for the combined celebrations of Will's commissioning ceremony (tomorrow) and his college graduation (Sunday). His parents are staying with family in town, and my parents are staying here. Even though we have a guest room, baby girl kind of throws a crimp into our sleeping arrangements. So, the parental units insisted that Will and I would blow up the air mattress, and my parents would sleep on the living room floor. This is what I saw when I came downstairs this morning:
Clearly, a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond is in order today, to replace this poor excuse for a makeshift bed. Sorry, Mom and Dad.
2. Naturally, my mom and I need to be beautified for tomorrow, so she and I are having "girl time" at the spa today for manicures and pedicures. My nails are looking pretty sad right now, so I am ridiculously excited about this.

3. I'm already having a slight panic attack over all the presents my children have received from relatives, and they haven't even been opened yet. Christmas morning is going to be...interesting. What are the chances that Will and I will be able to do a toy purge before the 25th without Tony noticing?

4. I've been practicing my signs after I checked out the Baby Sign Language book from the library, and Alessandra's little face lights up whenever I use signs in front of her. At what point should I expect to see her reciprocate the signs? I don't know if she's actually picking up on the signs, or if she just enjoys the communication. Either way, I'm not going to question those happy little faces from my baby girl.

5. You would think I'd be used to constant night wakings from my baby at this point (8 months in, yo). Nope. I'm still suffering. I do not handle sleep deprivation very well, and I have to talk myself out of drinking coffee in the afternoon.

6. Every single time I have a million things going on in my life, I decide that I'm not quite busy enough and I need to add something (usually something insanely complicated) to my life. Right now, even though we're in the midst of the holidays, and we're preparing for a move and Will's new career, I've decided I need to become fluent in another language. Preferably Italian. I speak passably decent French, but that's not good enough for me. Go ahead, feel free to smack me over the head from your side of the computer.

7. This has been the lamest 7 Quick Takes ever. Sorry. Rough night with Alessandra, not enough coffee, a demanding toddler...zzzzzzz......

For more Quick Takes (that are hopefully more enjoyable than mine), visit Conversion Diary!

Comments

Popular Posts