7 Quick Takes Friday-The Turkey Coma That Could Have Been
2. Despite our exhaustion yesterday, we had a lovely, quiet Thanksgiving. I never really cared for turkey (or most Thanksgiving foods in general) as a child, but this holiday cuisine has really improved since I've become a full-fledged adult. I give my dinners kind of an Italian twist, and they magically transform from boring, bland American cuisine to Little Italy right in my dining room. FYI...the Williams Sonoma garlic and rosemary brining blend is out of this world.
4. Happy campers. Alessandra decided to forgo the festivities and opted for a nap instead.
5. As I listened to my children wake up hacking this morning, I started making a mental list of sickie supplies to get us through the weekend. In my early-morning daze, I thought, "well, I can get pretty much everything I need at Target...wait! Black Friday madness! No!! Target must be avoided like the plague!" Walgreens doesn't fall prey to that craziness, does it? I hope not, because I'm running out of options here.
6. I can't believe Sunday is the first day of Advent. I suppose
Will I should rummage through our Christmas storage area and find our Advent wreath. What are the chances that the extra set of candles I purchased last year survived the Louisiana summer heat? Yeah...I'm going to go with slim to none.
7. I had pumpkin eggnog in my coffee and leftover pie for breakfast. It's, uh...tradition. *nods*
Enjoy the holiday weekend, everyone! For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary.