7 Quick Takes Friday-Slacker Mom
2. Then I got to thinking, "Who am I kidding? Marisa, when's the last time you did anything even remotely crafty? Elementary school, under the guidance of the art teacher?" Probably. Despite my love and appreciation of art, I'm artistically impaired. And anything crafty (glue sticks, glitter, construction paper, yarn) gives me a migraine. It also makes me want to start drinking heavily.
3. Okay, time to stop being so lame about creative projects, and time to give him something to do other than watch TV while I drink my coffee. I did some searching on Pinterest, and I found this. And this. And this. I'll be honest...I started feeling very badly about myself. Look at the fun, adorable crafts my 2-year could be making, if only I wasn't such a slacker mom! They're just so adorable, and I'm sure at Tony's age I would have loved to spend the afternoon making cute little art projects. Cue the mommy guilt.
4. Fortunately, the mommy guilt dissipated quickly when I read this article. I was laughing hysterically and nodding my head at each page.
5. Okay, so I'll never be "crafty mom." I'm okay with that. After all, in our house, that's what preschool and elementary school teachers are for. (To all of my friends who are teachers...sorry. Having to make Thanksgiving crafts with over 20 small children in a cramped classroom is one of the reasons I avoided an education major like the plague). So, what kind of mom can I be? Or what kind of mom am I? I read a lot with my kids. I'm proud to report that Tony loves reading, and Alessandra smiles whenever I take out a book. But I can't brag about that-every parent reads to their child. Well, I'm a classical violinist, and I try very hard to instill a love of music in my children. Unfortunately, that's not worthy of bragging rights either. Hmmm.
6. I may be scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but let's take a moment to remember all of the bad things I DON'T do! (Work with me here). Tony doesn't eat junk food. He gets a healthy breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner every day. Despite me letting him watch TV in the morning, he gets lots of outside play time every day, and a chance to run around and burn off energy. I don't let him out of my sight at the playground...ummm...
7. *sigh* I'm owning it. I'm slacker mom. I think it's time for another cup of coffee.
For more Quick Takes, visit Cari at Clan Donaldson, who is hosting for Jen this week! Happy Friday.