7 Quick Takes Friday-The Husband Returns!

1. Reunited and it feels so good!!
Conspicuously missing is Alessandra, who did not want to be woken up from her morning nap.

2. I am beyond thrilled that Will has returned safely from Fort Lewis and our family is together once again. We have a few weeks at home to relax and enjoy each others' company, then it's off to Philadelphia for Scotty and Tina's wedding!

3. Upon their arrival yesterday, my father in-law took at good look at my Calphalon pots and pans and declared them "toxic." Admittedly, they were showing a lot of wear and tear, but it's kind of sad seeing them sitting out with the trash. I first learned to cook-REALLY cook-with that set, and they've been with me through a lot of moves, celebrations, post deployment dinners, etc.

4. On the other hand, I'm very excited to own stainless steel All Clad cookware. I've been dreaming of stainless steel ever since I started watching cooking shows on the Food Network.

5. I really, really hate not having dental insurance. Tony's appointment yesterday consisted of a quick look at his teeth, a very brief cleaning and a fluoride treatment. $176 later we were out the door. Sigh.

6. I am absolutely in love with the pinup girl style clothes of the 40's and 50's. I have an Esther Williams style swimsuit and I wear it every chance I get. I just feel so...glam. Yes, that's the word.

7. Principessa has her 4-month checkup in a few days. Tony topped the scales at 16lbs when he was this age, and I'm anxious to find out if Alessandra out-chunks her big brother.

Comments

Popular Posts