7 Quick Takes-The Dreaded Crud

1. It's official-I have caught the crud. What exactly IS the crud? I'm not sure. It involves a miserably sore throat (it hurts to swallow and breathe through my mouth), chills, and a throbbing headache. Did I mention we're leaving in six days for our friends' wedding in Philadelphia? I swear, one of us always gets sick before a major event! Lamesauce. In any event, I have done the responsible adult thing and emailed a request to my doctor earlier this morning for an appointment.

2. I'm really digging our Sam's Club membership. I don't know why we waited so long to purchase one.

3. I would say Alessandra has gone on a sleep strike, but that would imply that she was previously a good sleeper. That would be an outright lie. So I'm going with, "she's sleeping even worse than usual. Lord have mercy."

4. I can't remember if I mentioned this in a previous post or not, so what the heck, I'll use up one of my Quick Takes to highlight my awesome husband. He did a great, as in utterly fantastic job at LDAC. He's 95% sure he will be selected for an active duty spot, so he's starting the process of checking out possible jobs and locations. We are seriously considering listing Fort Carson, CO as our first choice. It's a beautiful part of the country, the housing looks lovely, everyone who has been stationed there has had a good experience, and did I mention Colorado has SEASONS???? Actual seasons, as in summer, fall, winter and spring? Not just hot and hotter than hell? What a concept.

5. Since I'm usually the one behind the camera, I was especially grateful to my aunt Lisa for taking these super cute pictures of my kiddos and I while she was here. Check 'em out:
Kisses for principessa

Monkeystinks and I



6. I am thoroughly enjoying my brand new pots and pans from my in-laws. I never realized how crappy worn out my old Calphalon set was until I began cooking with my new glorious All-Clad pots. I'm in culinary heaven, I tell you.

7. Am I the only one who determines the beginning and end of a season according to whatever Starbucks is serving? I'm totally ready for the Cool Lime Refreshers to be taken off the menu and to see some Pumpkin Spice Latte and Salted Caramel Mocha advertisements. Am I right?? 

For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!

Comments

Popular Posts