7 Quick Takes Friday-What Happens When Nana Leaves


1. Tantrums, folks. Lots and lots 'o tantrums since we (tearfully) bid my mom farewell this morning. She was able to stay with us for almost two weeks, and I had to fight the urge to hide her purse this morning so she wouldn't be able to board the plane. Tony doesn't understand why Nana is gone, and he's very upset. I just went through a marathon session of putting him down for his nap, and I feel like I need a cocktail. Or a good cry.

2. Tantrums aside, we had a lovely visit and it's always good to see the madre again. We had time for girl talk, a few drive-thru drinks (notice a pattern here? I'm pretty sure this is the seventh time I've mentioned this on my blog!), and a chance to occasionally catch up on some much-needed sleep. My brother will be here on Saturday, and I can't wait for him to meet his little niece!

3. Speaking of principessa, we are ever so slowly, ever so painfully making the transition to the big girl crib (which is now residing in the guest room). It's going...meh. Could be better, could be worse. Last night she threw a fit to end all fits and I just gave up and put her in the swing. But! But! She got a snazzy new Swaddle Me, and I think it's making the crib transition easier. Check this stylin' girl out:
4. Two weeks until Will gets home. I can do this. I can do this.

5. I feel like a bad puppy mama. I took Murphy to the vet yesterday so he could get his vaccinations, and this furry chunker of mine weighs 47lbs!!! Not okay, especially when the ideal weight for beagles is in the neighborhood of 28lbs. I was so embarrassed, and let's face it, upset, so I started babbling to the vet. "He never used to be this fat! My husband is a runner, and Murphy loves running with him, but it's a million degrees outside and I'm afraid he's going to die of heatstroke! Plus I have a toddler who thinks it's hilarious to throw food at the dog, and I'm trying to curb that behavior but then the baby always throws up on me and..." Yeah. I ramble when I'm nervous or upset. The vet assured me that she understands how miserably hot Louisiana summers can be, and she would rather see a fat beagle than a dead beagle. I made multiple promises to get his weight under control (he's already eating diet dog food!), and mentally beat myself up all the way home. Sigh.

6. MY weight loss, in the meantime, has sort of plateaued. I guess I shouldn't expect too much out of myself when I'm holding down the fort for a month while Will is away at training with two little kids and a (fat) dog, but...it's still depressing. At least I'm not gaining weight, right?

7. Lastly, but most importantly, please pray for Dwija and her family at House Unseen. She miscarried her baby boy at 21 weeks, 3 days. I cried when I read her blog post this morning; it was discovered seven weeks ago that her baby no longer had any amniotic fluid, and Dwija was doing everything she could to try and make it to full term. Unfortunately, her sweet little Nicholas went home to God on Monday. Please pray for their family during this difficult time.

For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary.

Comments

Popular Posts