Friday, July 26, 2013
7 Quick Takes Friday-Auntie Arrives!
2. These 5:30 am wakeups have to end. For realz. Alessandra wakes me up at least 3-4 times per night to nurse, but Tony is the main culprit when it comes to early mornings. Not cool, especially considering how crabby he is for the first hour or so.
3. I decided a few days ago I would really, really love to learn Latin. You know, since I have all this spare time. If anyone speaks-or at least understands-the language, can you point me to a good book/CD/website?
4. I've decided that as long as we have small children in the house, Will is no longer allowed to leave for extended periods of time. Basically, I consider anything longer than 3 days "extended." So! All I have to do is inform the US Army of my new policy, and we're golden. I don't see this being an issue at all, especially not with Will's military career as an officer.
5. A few of the ladies on my April 2013 mama board have introduced me to the glorious product that is coconut oil. I'm in love. It has so many uses! Not to mention, I feel all crunchy granola when I see it on my shelf. A few weeks ago, I did a coconut oil deep conditioning of my hair, and it felt lovely afterward.
6. Mark has made it his personal mission these past few days to get me hooked on a new TV series. He succeeded with Arrested Development. It's hilarious, and I can't believe I've never seen an episode before this week. Naturally, it's on Netflix instant streaming, so now I have a new excuse to not get anything done around here.
7. I feel like I need to mix up my workout routine. It's been the same for a long time. Half an hour on the eliptical machine, 20 or so minutes on weight machines, stretching. Not that I don't feel good afterward, but I think it would be beneficial to try something new. Any suggestions?
For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!