7 Quick Takes Friday-Lazy June
My boys at the Dallas-Fort Worth airport in January. About to board the plane for Mexico!
2. I realized, after skimming through my unfinished blog entries for the past couple of months, that I never did write my post on meeting Immaculee Ilibagiza when she visited our church in February. I don't know if I ever will get around to writing it, but I can't express how much of an honor, how humbling it was to meet such an incredible woman. She is truly an inspiration.
At her book signing after she spoke to our church on Friday night. I was eight months pregnant, and she broke into a huge smile when she saw me
waddling heading to her table. She blessed my belly, and told me she would pray to our blessed mother for a safe delivery for me.
3. I'm torn about seeing The Great Gatsby. On one hand, I loved the book and generally I enjoy Baz Luhrmann movies. On the other hand...I loved the book and don't want the movie to ruin it. Decisions, decisions.
4. I'm a little concerned about Will. He is displaying signs of "husband pregnancy" again (pregnant ladies out there, I KNOW you know what I'm talking about!). While grocery shopping yesterday, I received a text from him asking me to pick up cookie dough. Amusing, but nothing out of the ordinary. Will eats raw cookie dough like most people eat sandwiches for lunch. Then I received another text from him asking me to pick up nacho cheese Doritos. WHAT???!!! Will never eats chips. What's going on? Generally, Will is pretty strict about his diet before any major Army events coming up, and he's leaving for Washington in a few weeks, so as you can imagine this is slightly concerning to me.
5. I'm embarrassed to report that my 2-year old is picking up certain swear words (not from me, naturally. NEVER from me!). The other day, he was playing with his trucks and the wheels fell off of the front part, and he yelled out a suspicious word. One that rhymes with "duck." Will and I exchanged horrified glances, and I said, "Tony, what did you say?" Mistake number one. Never ask a toddler to repeat something unless you want to hear it over and over again. Now he thinks it's hilarious. I can't wait to explain this to his speech therapy instructors on Tuesday.
The face of innocence....NOT!
6. Weight loss is coming along, slowly and steadily. I'm actually really happy, because my pre-pregnancy clothes feel looser every day, even if the numbers on the scale aren't going down all that fast (I'm assuming that's because of breastfeeding. I've been very good about watching what I eat, how much I eat, drinking lots of water, exercising when possible, etc). I still have the "mummy tummy," but I'm starting to feel a lot more confidence in my postpartum body than I did a month ago.
7. I fully intend to make a separate post out of this, but I just want to say how thrilled I am that we decided to cloth diaper Alessandra. It's going really well, and all the worries I had about the whole process have been completely squashed. It's official-I'm a cloth diaper convert.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary! Happy weekend, everyone!