Friday, May 3, 2013
7 Quick Takes-Summer is Almost Here!
1. Planning for our principessa's baptism is underway! Sadly, Alessandra's lovely godparents won't be able to make it (James is in flight school in the Army, and on a very strict schedule. Certainly understandable, but we will miss them!). We have the date set at our church, a reception site tentatively scheduled, the gown, bonnet, and other fashion essentials, and I'm having way too much fun browsing girl baptism cakes on Pinterest. It's going to be a beautiful day!
2. Will has finals next week, and then this ridiculous semester will have come to a merciful end. Please send him good luck and prayers as he begins the "studying my butt off" weekend.
3. So, I'm back at my pre-pregnancy weight, which I don't think is too bad considering Alessandra isn't even a month old. However, I started my pregnancy fairly overweight, and I'm determined to keep on dropping the pounds. In a safe, healthy way of course, especially since I'm exclusively breastfeeding and need the nutrients so baby girl continues to thrive. (Oh, in case you're wondering, we're good on the "thriving" end. She now weighs 10lbs4oz!). So. I began the task of preparing healthy, nutritious meals all the while being cognizant of Alessandra's super sensitive tummy. It's been a challenge, to say the least. I will do it, though...my goal is to be able to wear shorts this summer. In case you're wondering, I've looked pretty terrible in shorts for the past four years. Makes summers in the South pretty miserable.
4. To go along with #3, I'm looking forward to being able to work out again. I've been slowly gearing myself up (taking walks around our neighborhood with Murphy, took Tony to the YMCA one day so he could play in the nursery and I walked on the treadmill). I've decided I need a few new "workout" songs on my iPod. Pump me up, readers. Just do me a solid and don't recommend that obnoxious "Moves Like Jagger" song.
5. Alessandra has her newborn hearing test with the audiologist on Tuesday. Fingers crossed that everything will go well.
6. Will and I were talking last night about our duty station "wish list," i.e the places where we would be happy (or at least content) to live once Will receives his commission. We would LOVE to go overseas again, but we're also wondering if that would be the best option for us right now. As far as stateside bases, we're interested in Fort Sam Houston (San Antonio), Fort Benning, GA, Fort Lewis, WA, and Fort Belvoir, VA. Any other military readers have suggestions for us? Places you've lived that you really enjoyed, or places you've heard good things about?
7. A trip to the library is in order this afternoon. I need some new reading material, and I've got my eye on that new Jodi Picoult book. I realize this is a lame way to end my Quick Takes post, but it's all I got at the moment.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!