7 Quick Takes Friday-There Will Be Cake
1. Baptism cake, that is. Alessandra is being baptized on Sunday, and it's going to be a beautiful day. My parents are on their way here, everything is scheduled, and I absolutely can't wait to see our sweet little girl in her gown.
2. I've been in a lot of physical pain this past week, particularly in my neck and upper back. I think it has to do with the way I'm nursing Alessandra at night (she sleeps in a bassinet in our room, next to my side of the bed. It's easier for night feedings). I bring her into bed with us and nurse her on my side, but I always have to shift my body into an incredibly awkward position in order for her to latch on. There were two days this past week I was in so much pain I couldn't get out of bed. Will accidentally left the boppy pillow in Florida, and I've been trying to avoid buying another one. I'm not sure that's possible, given the current state of discomfort I'm in.
3. Any mamas out there who have dealt with thrushy babies? Alessandra's thrush isn't going away, despite weeks of using Nystatin, and I'm kind of at a loss. She has her two-month checkup next week and I plan to bring it up with her pediatrician, but I'm frustrated that it's still here and going strong.
Gratuitous baby picture.
5. Will took the kiddos to Gymboree yesterday for Tony's class while I stayed home and straightened up the house. For those of you who aren't familiar with Gymboree Play and Music, it's basically a huge room that's covered with those padded gym mats, toddler-safe climbing equipment, and plastic toys for the kids to play with (wiffle balls, beach balls, puppets, etc). Will was walking around holding Alessandra when he slipped on a toy on the mat, and he completely wiped out. Fortunately he suffered nothing more than a massive headache after hitting his head on a piece of equipment, and Alessandra was fine, but his dignity remained at stake for the rest of the class. Pretty sure my husband is the only guy out there who can manage to injure himself while surrounded by padded mats.
6. Pinterest is really bad for my self-esteem. I see all of these "crafty moms" and their projects, the crafts they do with their kids, and I think to myself, "hey, I could do that. I could TOTES sit down with my toddler in the middle of the afternoon with a hot-glue gun, glitter, cotton balls, paint and construction paper and craft the afternoon away. I see absolutely no way in which this could go wrong." Who are these women?? And who are these quiet, docile, Children of the Corn offspring they have who sit patiently and don't decorate the entire living room with silver glitter? That neat, orderly little crafty pile would last all of 5 seconds in my house.
7. During nap time yesterday afternoon, I may or may not have danced around the living room to Beyonce's "Run the World." Gotta keep it real here, people.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!