7 Quick Takes-Help Has Arrived!


7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!




1. After a couple of mama meltdowns this past week, my in-laws immediately jumped on the "let's go to Shreveport before Marisa dyes her hair fire engine red or something equally drastic" ship. (That's the best I could come up with. I haven't had my coffee yet). My sister in-law and my youngest nephew arrived yesterday afternoon, and I already feel light years better. Tony has a playmate for a few days so he's not acting out, Aimee gives Will and I a break from walking a million paces around the living room with Alessandra, and Murphy O'Dwyer has been getting some much-needed attention. I'm feeling better already, and I'm so grateful to have such an awesome family.

2. It appears as though a 5-year old ballet class exploded in our home. There's pink EVERYWHERE. It's cool and a little scary at the same time. We have a daughter. Wow. 

3. Only two more weeks of Will's @&#*@&@ semester, and then some of this craziness will end. Temporarily, anyway. LDAC this summer (yes, Army terms, I'm not going to bother to explain all of it), then one more semester, then it's back to the Army we go. 

4. I am now a card-carrying member of the "my maternity clothes are huge but my pre-pregnancy clothes are a little tighter than I care to admit" club. I've pretty much been living in yoga pants and nursing tanks, and with the exception of church and a few grocery store runs, I haven't ventured out of the house too often. Probably a good thing, as no one wants to see a postpartum lady struggling to hike up her maternity jeans every time she bends over to pick up something.

5. After much deliberation, we purchased a (certified pre-owned) vehicle last week! It's an SUV, and I have to admit, I feel pretty badass driving that sucker around town. I'm still in awe of all the trunk space, and even though it's not a NEW car, it's new to us and we're enjoying it. 

6. My best friend is getting married in five weeks in Florida and I'm a bridesmaid. As in, I have to fit in the bridesmaid dress by then. I'm really trying not to panic, and I'm just grateful I had the presence of mind to order the dress several sizes too large so it can be taken in if (hopefully) necessary. I learned my lesson the hard way in a previous wedding when I had to alter a dress that was too small.

7. Big boy school is officially over for Tony, and I'm sad. He loved his Tuesday and Thursday morning classes, and I won't lie, grocery shopping by myself was a very special outing for this mama. The center is going to evaluate his progress and let me know (by snail mail, naturally) if they are going to recommend him for another session in a few months. Here's hoping. Tony has made a lot of progress with his speech, but he still has a long way to go.

For more Quick Takes, visit Camp Patton!

Comments

  1. Hi Marisa! I'm the "visitor" from Aurora. I'm really really not being a stalker, just loving the links and your site.
    THanks for the great post. Congratulations! The pink explosion is incredible, isnt it?
    I'm also a military wife, if you ever need to vent, share etc, feel free to get in touch. i'm @spicycatholic on twitterverse too.
    Take care and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi spicycatholic! (Love your name, btw!). I always love meeting fellow military wives, and I will definitely check out your blog. I have a twitter account but I rarely use it. :) Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops...my bad. My sister in-law was signed in to my account and I didn't realize it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts