So, last night...

It dawned on me that, "hey, I'm 39 weeks pregnant. As in, I could potentially deliver a baby at any time. Am I completely prepared? No, of course not. No one is. Am I as prepared as I could possibly be? Umm, sort of...well, I'll make myself a list, and I'll make a honey-do list for Will, and I'll take it from there." I proceeded to scribble out a list for myself (including but not limited to "scrub bathrooms, finish washing baby items, polish furniture, sterilize breast pump equipment, color hair, Windex the wine rack" and realized that maybe I don't have as much time as I initially thought. (For those of you who are curious, Will's list included "de-ghettoize the carport area, bring in bouncy seat and swing, please find the damn Easter decorations and baskets"). So, I did what any rational, level-headed mama to be would do at 10:15 p.m on a Monday. I attacked that sucker like my life depended on it. I'm actually impressed with myself; I managed to get a fair amount of items on the list crossed off, but I finally called it quits for the night after waiting the obligatory 25 minutes for the hair dye to set it. 

Nope, nothing strange about coloring your hair at 11:30 p.m.

Today I've Windex-ed the wine rack, scrubbed the downstairs bathroom, sterilized the breast pump equipment, got some baby items washed, changed the sheets on the guest bed, polished our furniture downstairs and in our bedroom, and felt the screaming, aching, miserable pains in my lower back begging me to knock it off for a little while. 

39 weeks...I'm happy you're here. My maternity clothes are getting tight, my nesting instinct has clearly gone into overdrive, and I'm ready to chill out in bed for a few days with a tiny ("tiny" being relative), snuggly, kissable newborn. 
Yes, baby has dropped considerably. How on earth could you tell??

Okay, time for the final poll. What does everyone think-boy or girl??


Comments

  1. I'm keeping my answer to girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! :) Will agrees with you-he's had quite a few baby girl dreams already.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts