Meatless Fridays During Lent

Okay, I'm REALLY been slacking on this lately. However, unlike my tendency to post a bunch of Christmas cookie recipes during January, I'm making a sincere effort to post some of my favorite meatless recipes for everyone to make on Fridays during the season of Lent. Some are ridiculously easy, some are a little more complex. Hope this list gives everyone a few ideas for these next few weeks!

Garbanzo Bean Soup-long time favorite of mine from my childhood. Serve it up with garlic bread, Texas toast, anything that strikes your fancy.

Minestrone Soup and Italian Grilled Cheese-soup and grilled cheese=perfect kiddie meal. Not just for the kiddos.

Salmon Baked in Foil-I rarely make this one, since Will doesn't eat seafood, but it's sooooo good. Plus your kitchen will smell heavenly.

Angel Hair with Cilantro, Feta and Garlic-I never get tired of this recipe. Easy and delicious.

Rigatoni with Mushroom Sauce-This dish turned a previous mushroom-hating husband into a mushroom convert. Seriously!

Whole Wheat Penne with Spinach Sauce-Pasta on the lighter side. I needed to dress this one up with extra garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, but it's very tasty.

Penne With Shrimp and Cream Sauce-Not for dieters, but great for Lent!

Grilled Tuna with Basil Pesto-Healthy and delicious. I can't begin to describe how much I love this recipe!

Chinese Braised Mushrooms and Tofu-Stepping out of my comfort zone here...but this dish is worth it. Spicy and healthy!

Falafel-Stuffed Pitas-I made this after Will returned from a Middle Eastern deployment. He approved!

Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi-Wonderful flavor, and great for the health-conscious.

Artichoke and Goat Cheese Strata-I loved this one. Will didn't. Decide for yourself!

Crawfish Etouffee-Admittedly, those of you who don't live in Louisiana may have trouble finding the necessary ingredients for this recipe, but I LOVE crawfish. And etouffee.

Asparagus and Gruyere Quiche-Even though Will isn't a quiche guy (not manly enough? No idea) he loves this recipe!

Mozzarella and Pesto Panini-I realize this is a very recent post of mine, but it was too good to leave out!

There you have it folks! Hope you're able to vary up your meatless Friday routine a little bit with these recipes.


Comments

  1. Stop! These all look so delicious, Marisa! I love making falafel, too--I'll have to compare your recipe with mine =) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephanie! Seeing as how you're the one who married an Arabic man, I have no doubt that your falafel recipe trumps mine! :) Hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts