7 Quick Takes-March Madness


7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!



1. It's official-March is insane. Poor Will has constant exams, papers, reports, not to mention various ROTC and Reserve duties. Last weekend, it was giving a presentation in Vicksburg, MS. This weekend it's Reserves. The weekend after that, it's the military ball. The weekend after that, he's supposed to go on a 4-day training mission in the middle of nowhere, MS with ROTC. Naturally I'm a little panicked about this, seeing as how it's so close to my due date. Hopefully we can get that mess straightened out. The weekend after that is Easter. I feel like both of us will need martinis after making it through this month. (Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to partake before April!). ;)

2. Taxes have been filed. Go Team Tenney.

3. I desperately want a Shamrock Shake, but...I know, I know. Lent. This happens EVERY year. I'm debating on buying one and sticking it in the freezer until Easter. What are the chances it will still taste okay by then?

4. I had a not-so-proud parenting moment the other day. Tony woke up around 6:45, which is normal-ish for him. I could hear him playing quietly in his room (he will usually do this for about 1/2 hour), so I went downstairs, fed Murphy and poured myself a cup of coffee. No sooner do I sit down at the computer desk when I hear...ripping. I go upstairs, open Tony's door, and see that he has completely destroyed one of his Dr. Seuss books. I started yelling at him (nothing extreme, just "STOP!! We do NOT rip our books! We love our books! Go to time out!") while I attempted to pick up the millions of pieces of shredded paper. He was crying, and I was irrationally angry. I blame it on my English major, frankly. Tony loves to read, and he could happily spend hours curled up on the rocking chair with me pouring through books, which is probably why this upset me so much. Long story short, I calmed down, picked up Tony and calmed him down, and patiently explained that books are for reading, and they were given to him by people who love him very much, and books need to be treated kindly, yadda yadda yadda. I'm not proud of my flip-out moment, but I'm fairly certain every parent has them.

5. Let me just say, straight up, that I detest bands, "singers" such as Maroon 5, Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer, and the like. Not only do I think their music sucks hardcore, but I just don't understand the appeal of whiny, pissy, moody man-children. Will and I were talking about this the other day, when we heard that obnoxious "I'm at a payphone, trying to call blah blah blah" song for the 9173917810839182 time on the radio. Will said he could never understand why women were attracted to guys like that, and I whole-heartedly agreed. Even as a middle school girl, I was far more attracted to the Kurt Cobains of the world than I was the Backstreet Boys. Ugh. Maybe it just seems like there's more whiny adult male singers out there lately, but this has been bugging me for quite some time.

6. I have about 5 unfinished blog posts floating around, and I'm working up the motivation to finish all of them (but obviously not at once). I could really use some motivation dust right now. Not just for blogging...for everything.

7. I'm getting to that awkward stage in my pregnancy where even my maternity clothes feel tight and uncomfortable. I really don't want to have a repeat of my last pregnancy, when I went to 41 1/2 weeks and had to stuff myself into my maternity jeans like a Thanksgiving turkey. Please Lord let this baby come on time!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Comments

Popular Posts