Sunday, February 24, 2013

It's a Green, Green Day

I haven't had much of an appetite lately, as a certain baby is taking up a ridiculous amount of space in my belly and I don't have a whole lot of room to put the necessary nutrients for T4 and I. I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it sounded just healthy/tasty/light/crunchy granola enough for me to give it a try. (I mean, a recipe that calls for raw agave? How cool and edgy can I get??). As much as I adore avocados, I've never really craved them in the morning, and I wasn't sure how I would feel about this particular recipe. Well, I had nothing to worry about. This smoothie was amazing, not to mention satisfying. As in, I'm pleasantly full but I don't feel like I'll need to roll myself out the door for Mass later. If you're looking for a light, healthy breakfast that will satisfy your appetite until lunch time, give this a try!!

Source: La Mesa

Ingredients:

1 ripe avocado
1 banana
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1 cup almond milk
2 tsp either raw honey or raw agave

Directions:

Scoop out avocado, and add it to the blender with all the other ingredients. Purée until everything is blended together. Pour into glass and serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good, Marisa! I've been wanting to get into smoothies, but I don't have a blender--all these ingredients look creamy enough for my food processor to handle =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you could definitely make these smoothies (and a few others) in a food processor! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete