It's a Green, Green Day

I haven't had much of an appetite lately, as a certain baby is taking up a ridiculous amount of space in my belly and I don't have a whole lot of room to put the necessary nutrients for T4 and I. I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it sounded just healthy/tasty/light/crunchy granola enough for me to give it a try. (I mean, a recipe that calls for raw agave? How cool and edgy can I get??). As much as I adore avocados, I've never really craved them in the morning, and I wasn't sure how I would feel about this particular recipe. Well, I had nothing to worry about. This smoothie was amazing, not to mention satisfying. As in, I'm pleasantly full but I don't feel like I'll need to roll myself out the door for Mass later. If you're looking for a light, healthy breakfast that will satisfy your appetite until lunch time, give this a try!!

Source: La Mesa

Ingredients:

1 ripe avocado
1 banana
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1 cup almond milk
2 tsp either raw honey or raw agave

Directions:

Scoop out avocado, and add it to the blender with all the other ingredients. Purée until everything is blended together. Pour into glass and serve immediately.

Comments

  1. This looks so good, Marisa! I've been wanting to get into smoothies, but I don't have a blender--all these ingredients look creamy enough for my food processor to handle =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you could definitely make these smoothies (and a few others) in a food processor! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts