1. February 1st has arrived, also known as One Month Closer To Meeting our Wee One. You know how some months just seem to drag on forever? January was like that this year. Don't get me wrong, a lot of wonderful things happened in January (Will's extended time off the first part of the month, Michael and Aleia's wedding), but the last part of this month just would not die. So I for one am glad to welcome February to 2013!
2. I'm not a Valentine's Day person at all, and Will and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, but I've been craving those cheap little Brach's candy hearts like you wouldn't believe. A bag may or may not have made its' way into my Target shopping cart the other day.
3. We finally picked out T4's homecoming outfit! I had my heart set on finding a plain white outfit, and I wanted to get a little blue hat and a pink hat. The hats were easy enough to find, but you wouldn't believe the difficult time I had finding a simple white outfit that wasn't over-the-top (christening gown style) or had pink or blue trim, or animal figures on it. I finally found the outfit yesterday, along with the hats, and thanked the salesman profusely for carrying it at his store. I'm sure he thought I was more than a little odd.
4. Speaking of T4, there is a very real possibility that this baby could be born on our right around Easter Sunday. That kind of freaks me out, mainly because I've already missed Midnight Mass this year and I really, REALLY want to attend Holy Saturday Mass. Contractions be damned!
5. Many exciting things are going on this month; apparently there is a Mardi Gras parade in Shreveport tomorrow (thank you Michelle, for alerting me to this news that I somehow missed!) and I think it would be a lot of fun to take Tony. Mardi Gras is on the 12th, and I imagine I'll have a lot of fun trying out a new Cajun/Creole dish. Ash Wednesday is the day after, and I still haven't quite decided what I'm going to give up this year. (I could totally do the cop-out thing and say something like "oh yeah, I'm making the ultimate sacrifice! I'm giving up alcohol for Lent this year!" Somehow I imagine people wouldn't be too impressed hearing that, seeing as how I'm 8 months pregnant and haven't had a drink in quite a long time). And last but not least, Immaculee Ilibagiza is speaking at our cathedral the weekend of February 22-24, and I have tickets to listen to her and Father Ubald's presentation on Saturday. For those of you who aren't familiar with Immaculee, I would encourage you to click on the link and check out her story. She's a survivor of the Rwandan genocide, and such an amazing inspiration.
6. I feel like I'm back to that stage in my pregnancy where I'm eating us out of house and home. I was so sick in my first trimester I couldn't really eat much of anything, and even when my second trimester came around my appetite was pretty normal. Now, the cravings and extreme hunger are finally kicking in. If anyone were to randomly drop off a fried shrimp po'boy from Cush's at my door...let's just say I might throw my arms around you and weep in gratitude.
7. Speaking of food, crawfish season is once again upon us here in Louisiana, and the local pizza place has brought back the Sweep the Swamp pizza. It makes me happy.
Happy weekend and happy February, everyone! For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!