Red Velvet Fudge


 I realize it would probably be more helpful to everyone if I actually posted Christmas recipes BEFORE Christmas, but...yeah. Clearly that didn't happen, so better late than never, right? Since becoming addicted to Pinterest, I confess I've become a master in the art of time suckage (for those of you who have seen Reality Bites). While I've definitely wasted more than my fair share of time on that website, I can justify my laziness by posting all of these delicious, amazing recipes. As soon as I saw this recipe for Red Velvet fudge, I knew it would be a winner. Not only does Will adore anything red velvet, but the colors absolutely fit the bill for a Christmas-y dessert. I had every intention of packing a few up with my other Christmas cookies and giving them away as presents, but yeah. That totally didn't happen. Will actually called me in Wisconsin and said, "ummm, baby? You need to make more fudge. I'm pretty sure someone broke into our house in the middle of the night and ate it. Because you know, it couldn't have been me. I DEFINITELY didn't eat all of the fudge." *sigh* Okay, honey. While I refused to make yet another batch of fudge that would most likely disappear in a matter of days, I'm happy to report that this recipe was a hit!
Originally found on Pinterest
Recipe from Flippin' Delicious

Ingredients:

For the Red Velvet layer:
2 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
2-3 tsp red food coloring

For the Cream Cheese Frosting layer:
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
4oz cream cheese, softened

Directions:

1. First, line a 8x8 pan with wax paper or aluminum foil, and then grease it lightly with butter.

2. Pour the white and milk chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in-between, until the chocolate chips are melted.
(After 30 seconds)
(This is how it should look afterward)

3. Add the red food coloring starting with about 2 tsp. and adding more a little at a time until you get the color that you desire. (I bought this amazing red food coloring, specifically designed for red velvet desserts, at King Arthur Flour in Vermont last year. The color is very dense, so I only needed 2 tsp. I highly recommend it!).

4. Pour the fudge into your prepared pan, and place it in the fridge while you make the cream cheese frosting layer.

5. Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Start by microwaving them for 30 seconds, stirring them, and then microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in-between, until they are melted.
6. Stir in the softened cream cheese.
7. Pour the cream cheese frosting layer on top of your red velvet fudge and put in the fridge to chill until set.

 8. When you are ready to enjoy your fridge pull it out of the pan using the waxed paper/aluminum foil and place it on a cutting board.

 9.  Cut the fudge into squares using a sharp knife. You'll get even cleaner cuts if you heat your knife blade up first by running hot water over it. Wipe your knife blade occasionally to keep the colors from rubbing into each other.







Comments

Popular Posts