7 Quick Takes-Mexico, Anyone?
1. This has been, quite plainly, the week from hell. Most of it has to do with Tony coming down with the flu (see my previous post if you have no idea what I'm talking about), some of it has to do with stuff I'm not 100% comfortable posting about on my blog at the moment, and a lot of it has to do with Will's schedule, our vacation schedule, dealing with airlines and hotels and car rentals and....argh.
2. Tony and I are supposed to fly to Mexico on Sunday morning with my parents to attend the wedding of our friends Aleia and Michael. I'm praying and praying and praying that Tony is feeling better and his fever breaks. Last night was awful-Tony kept us up all night long, and up until about two hours ago he had a temperature of 101-and I can't in good conscience fly with a toddler who might be contagious. We're going to our hotel in Dallas tomorrow evening, and we will see how he's doing on Sunday. If my poor little guy doesn't have a fever and he's back to his normal, happy little self, we will fly. If not...I don't even want to think about it. I can't imagine breaking the news to my dear friend that her ring bearer and bridesmaid might not be at the wedding.
3. I really, really want to go. I cannot stress that enough. I will post lots of pictures upon our return (I will be the bridesmaid with the basketball under her dress). ;)
4. Will and I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on Pedialyte, Childrens Tylenol and yogurt (gotta keep those probiotics in Tony's system) these last few days. Thank goodness for the Target Debit Redcard.
5. I'm not exactly thrilled with the travel agent we used to book the flights, hotels, etc. My mom contacted her today to inquire about a refund if Tony and I had to back out of the trip, and she said, "oh, that reminds me. Her husband isn't accompanying her to Mexico, is he? Your daughter will need to bring a parental consent form-notarized, of course-with her, otherwise there could be a problem with her taking a minor child out of the country." You know, that information could have been very helpful a month ago. Even a week ago. So on top of getting approx. 45 minutes of sleep last night and dealing with a feverish, sobbing, congested child, we had to run around town today trying to print out the stupid consent form and find a notary (all for a fee, of course). I realize it was a mistake, but...grrrr.
6. My house is a disaster and I have absolutely no motivation to clean it. I realize I'm shooting myself in the foot here, because the last thing I want to come home to after a relaxing vacation is a dirty house, but these past few days have completely sapped me of my energy and motivation.
7. As of Monday, I will be 30 weeks pregnant. I think I'm in denial. It's so much easier to say "oh yeah, I'm going to be pregnant forever, I have plenty of time to prepare for T-Quad's arrival" than it is to admit that I have a mere 10 weeks left to get ready for child #2. Assuming, of course, that this child won't have to be coaxed out of the womb like Tony did at 41 weeks and 4 days.
Have a good weekend, everyone! For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!