7 Quick Takes Friday
1. As of tomorrow, I will have a 2-year old. Unbelievable. I'm still getting used to saying "he's my little boy" instead of "he's my baby." When did Tony get to be a little boy??
2. Last night, I began the unpleasant task of putting away Christmas decorations. It's always a bittersweet time for me. I'm sad because the holidays are over, but I'm also happy to have my house back to SOME kind of order (notice I'm giving myself a lot of wiggle room here).
3. I'm REALLY glad Will has one more week off until his spring semester starts up. It's been nice for both of us to have a break, and Will definitely deserved it after kicking some serious butt on his finals.
4. I was thinking the other day about how much I would love for us to receive another overseas assignment once Will gets his commission. I realize it's kind of unlikely right off the bat, but a girl can dream. I was looking through our pictures from our last Mediterranean rail trip yesterday, and I realized...man. I miss Italy. I want to go back SO badly, especially to Rome. How incredibly cool would it be to give our children the travel opportunities Will and I had during those five years in Europe?
5. I am on a mission today to wrap presents, bake/decorate Cookie Monster cupcakes, go to Party City and pick up a few birthday essentials (mainly balloons), and NOT save everything until 10pm. I can do this. I can do this. I WILL do this!
6. We took Tony to the Shoppette on Barksdale AFB the other day, and he ran right for the boxed wine. For those of you who know this story...yeeeaaahhh. It was awkward, to say the least.
7. Please pray for Jennifer Fulwiler from Conversion Diary. She is pregnant and suffered a pulmonary embolism in both lungs. She is fortunately home from the hospital, but prayers for her and her baby are much appreciated.
Hallie at Moxie Wife is hosting 7 Quick Takes today!