First Sunday of Advent

Normally I don't try to post twice in one day (honestly I have to make a sincere effort to post a couple of times a week!) but even though it's a day late, I wanted to make a quick Advent post. I love Advent. I love the beauty of the season, the anticipation, the reminder to sit back, take a deep breath, and remember the important things in life. Faith. Family. Love. Charity. Forgiveness. As I said in a previous post, there's absolutely nothing wrong with holiday decorating, Christmas cookie baking, pictures at the mall with Santa preparation. But for us, for our family, our faith is a huge part of our lives, and we try to celebrate that whenever possible. I absolutely love going to Mass in December (well, anytime really), and remind myself of what we're REALLY preparing for. We bought our own Advent wreath this year from the Knights of Columbus, and we celebrated the beginning of Advent yesterday by lighting the first candle and saying a prayer together as a family.

May you have a peaceful, beautiful Advent! I leave you with this (just for the record, and I know this is super whiny and complain-y of me, but do you have any idea how odd it felt singing O Come O Come Emmanuel at Mass yesterday when it was 75 degrees outside????).

Comments

  1. Yes. The weather is not advent-friendly. :) our leaves are changing so it looks like October, but it is 80°… welcome to the south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I hate it. This weather would have been great two months ago...but not in December! It just feels so wrong!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts