7 Quick Takes-One Day Late


7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!



1. I completely forgot to do the 7 Quick Takes yesterday, so I'm making up for it today. Come to think of it, "one day late" is kind of my motto for everything right now. I'm behind on absolutely everything. Holiday decorating, cookie baking, packing (I'm going to Milwaukee for a few days next week), reading, praying, cooking, you name it. I don't like this feeling of constantly having to catch up, but if you read my previous post you will know why I'm falling short in every area except laundry.

2. Will is FINALLY done with finals, and Reserve duties for the month. He did a fantastic job in all of his classes...he might even have a 4.0 this semester!! Great job honey! Tony, T-Quad and I are very proud of you.

3. Today is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, but since Will had training early this morning the 3 of us went to mass last night. Mothers of toddlers who actually keep their children in the pews...how on earth do you do it? Tony goes to the nursery every Sunday while Will and I are at mass, and most parents at our church go that route. However, there are a couple of brave parents out there whose children sit (relatively) quietly throughout the mass. No screaming, no kicking the pews, no throwing things, etc. My curiosity, and admittedly my jealousy is getting the better of me. The nursery was closed last night, so Tony came with us. Let me tell you...that was no picnic.

4. There is a middle-aged man who walks around our townhouse complex every afternoon (usually when I'm trying to get Tony down for a nap), who is shirtless, wears old Army fatigues, has longish-hair and usually yells at the top of his lungs for his kids. Will and I have affectionately dubbed him "Captain Redneck." I'm trying to be all charitable and love-thy-neighborish, but I'm having a hard time working up anything other than irritation towards this guy. It didn't help that he glared at Will (who was in his Reserves uniform at the time) for a whole 10 minutes one afternoon when Will was taking Murphy outside.

5. There are very few problems that a Starbucks peppermint mocha can not cure.

6. Even though I'm glad we stayed strong and didn't find out the sex of our baby, I'm going crazy wondering what we're going to have! Although I would be thrilled to death with another sweet little boy, I'd be lying if I said I'm not secretly hoping for a girl. I would love to have a daughter. Of course, the only thing that matters to us is a healthy baby, but I can't help it. I'm dreaming in pink.

7. Once my boys wake up from their naps-all 3 of them-we are going to get our Christmas tree, and tonight we're taking Tony to Christmas at the Rose Center to see the lights, ride the train, and get a picture taken with Santa. I'm ridiculously excited about this.

Happy weekend, everyone! For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.

Comments

Popular Posts