7 Quick Takes Friday-Twas the Weekend Before Christmas


7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!



1. Twas the weekend before Christmas and all through the house...is a frantic reminder that my in-laws will arrive in less than two hours and I have a lot to do. Scrub the guest bathroom, straighten up the mess on the kitchen table, wash the dishes in the sink, sweep the upstairs. Also, miracle of miracles, my child is napping and I have to do everything without waking him up.

2. Last night Will and I held our traditional National Lampoons Christmas Vacation movie night with appetizers. We were joined by Jen and Mike (Jen is Will's first cousin) and a lovely time was had by all. My parents first began this tradition when I was in middle school, presumably because they decided I was mature enough at that point to watch the movie. It's a silly but fun tradition that we've kept going since then.

3. Last weekend was Aleia's bridal shower and bachelorette party! Pictures to follow soon. I had a blast, Aleia (hopefully!) had a blast, and it was so much fun to do bridey, girly-things like lunch at La Perla, the salsa dancing lesson, dinner at Aleia's favorite restaurant in Milwaukee, etc. The other bridesmaids took Aleia out on the town for drinks and presumably dancing after dinner, but it was getting late and Polly Pregnant Pants was fading fast. Yes, I am "that" bridesmaid who wimped out before the festivities ended.

4. I haven't been feeling that great since last week (constant headache, dizzy, exhausted) and I met with my midwife today. She took my blood pressure a couple of times (everything is fine in that area), drew some blood, tested my urine, all that good stuff. I am most likely coming down with something...yay! I'm not too thrilled about the possibility of another illness, especially before the holidays, but I'm glad it's nothing serious.

5. When I was at the airport in Dallas waiting for my connecting flight to Shreveport, a man walked past me and I caught a glimpse of his shirt. It said "I'd rather shower at Penn State than vote for Obama." Seriously, dude? I can't believe that someone would even think that was funny to begin with, let alone wear a shirt like that in a very public place. Not to mention, it's horribly offensive. I think the worst part was other people noticed his shirt as well, and I heard lots of "hahaha man, that's hysterical! I love your shirt!" I'll be honest, I was pretty disgusted. I can't imagine a situation where I would rather be sexually assaulted as opposed to voting for a presidential candidate I wasn't crazy about.

6. Thank you to everyone who sent us Christmas cards! Our "card wall" is growing every day and I love it!

7. Even though I'm slightly overwhelmed and not feeling all that fantastic, I really can't wait for this weekend/early next week. Lots of family time, delicious food, Midnight Mass, celebrations...it's going to be wonderful.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. For more 7 Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Comments

Popular Posts