7 Quick Takes Friday


7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!



1. I am one of those bizarre motivated women who cleans and cooks like Martha Stewart when I'm stressed. To give you an indication of my stress level right now, I have a spiral ham cooking in the oven (recipe to follow shortly) and I'm about to start scrubbing my kitchen floor. Then I'm going to bleach the hell out of all the bathrooms, dust everything in sight, swiffer the upstairs....yeah. You get the idea.

2. We have our ultrasound tonight to see Teeny Tiny Tenney Two!! We're going to stay strong and not find out the sex, but I'm beyond excited to see our littlest one hanging out in the womb. The only other picture we have of T4 is this one, from my 7-week dating ultrasound.
(I've decided to write to Harvard University and inform them that they should be prepared to give T4 a full ride once he/she turns 18. This baby is talking already!).

3. Poor spelling and/or grammar drives me up a wall. Poor spelling and/or grammar from adults who are supposedly educated makes me want to do bad things. I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed with your Master's degree if you are unable to differentiate between "your" and "you're," or "there" "their" and "they're." It's not rocket science. 

4. Our Christmas cards are (finally) in and they will be mailed out as soon as possible! As lame as I can be about sending birthday/anniversary/wedding cards after the date has come and gone, I'm pretty good about sending out Christmas cards in the beginning of December. Don't ask me why. 

5. Tony still refuses to talk, other than "Da," "Mama" and baby babble. He will be 2 on January 5. I'm trying not to let it bother me, I constantly tell myself that many intelligent children were late talkers, he's just being stubborn, his hearing is fine and he understands everything that Will and I tell him...but it still bothers me. I blame myself for his lack of speech, even though I really don't know what else I could be doing to help him along. We read books every day. We sing songs, the TV time is kept to a minimum, we don't "baby talk" to Tony, etc. I'm at a loss and very frustrated with myself. 

6. Will went on a beer run to Target last night, and I received a text from him about 20 minutes later. "Hey baby, holiday oreos are on sale if my preggy wife is interested." A few seconds later, I receive a text that says "in other words, your preggy husband wants oreos." It made me smile. We now have Christmas oreos in our freezer.

7. I am always interested in hearing about your Advent celebrations for families with small children. If you have any, please leave a comment on this post! I have a few things in mind, but since this is my first year with a toddler I'm always open to suggestions.

Happy weekend and first Sunday of Advent, everyone! For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts