Healthy Breakfast Smoothie


I've felt the need to do a "sort of" detox on my body lately. Obviously, being pregnant I can't do the full-blown juice detox that my friends do sometimes, but avoiding sugary, processed foods is always a plus in my book. As many of my friends on Facebook know, I've recently become a Pinterest addict. I LOVE looking through all the recipes (some extremely healthy, some....not so healthy but still VERY appetizing), and I figured this one was simple enough to make for breakfast for Tony and I. My little guy loves smoothies as much as I do, and since we're past the "is peanut butter safe for my baby?" stage, I was excited to give this recipe a try. In the interest of making this recipe as healthy as possible, I used skim milk and natural peanut butter. I had completely forgotten to freeze the bananas ahead of time, so I just added about 1/2 cup of ice cubes to the blender, and it worked perfectly. This smoothie was amazing, and I am so happy to add it to our rotating breakfast foods! :)
Originally found on Pinterest
From the blog This Chick Cooks

Ingredients:

2 bananas, sliced and frozen
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup milk

Directions:

1. Put oats in blender and blend until they're powdery.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until there are no more remaining chunks of frozen banana. Garnish with extra slices of frozen banana if desired.

Comments

Popular Posts