7 Quick Takes-On Again Off Again
1. The "on again off again" refers to my relationship with cleaning. Generally, I can't stand it when the house is dirty (although Will has pointed out over the years that my definition of "dirty" is generally different from that of everyone else). Unfortunately, this past week I've been kind of a lazy bum. I've made dinner most nights, run the vacuum most days, but that's kind of been the extent of my Martha Stewart-ness. I'm just hoping any visitors we have either don't see our growing laundry pile, or they're polite enough to ignore it.
2. I'm officially addicted to Pinterest. I'm not exactly sure who got me hooked in the first place, but whoever you are-beware. I will hunt you down and make you pay!
3. The Louisiana State Fair is here, and we were going to take Tony today. Unfortunately, the South decided it had had enough of acting like summer during the month of October and finally gave us some real fall weather, in the form of freezing rain. The fair has been postponed. We are, however, taking Tony to the Dixie Maze pumpkin patch/hayride/corn maze/corn pit/kinda place tomorrow.
4. My "golden birthday" is on Wednesday. According to my mother, a golden birthday is a huge deal. Frankly, I stopped expecting people to make a big deal out of my birthday after I turned 21, but apparently a golden birthday warrants a birthday gift of jewelry from my parents. Not gonna argue that one too much. :)
5. I made the colossal mistake of buying two bags of Halloween candy the week before trick-or-treat. To be fair, we have a ton of kids in our neighborhood, but Will already opened one of the bags and has eaten most of the "good" candy. Conveniently, he is going to be at class on Wednesday night when the kiddos come by in search of candy, so I will have to be the one to explain that my 30-year old husband took their Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins and Hershey's cookies and cream chocolate bars.
6. We had a terrible time finding a Halloween costume for Tony this year. We were debating between a fireman (because he goes crazy every time he sees a firetruck) or a pirate (because he loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates on the Disney channel). We totally struck out with both, because all the pirate and fireman costumes looked cheap and crappy. We settled on a cute lion costume. Don't ask me why.
7. T-Quad is growing by leaps and bounds. At any rate, my belly is. I'm already experiencing uneasiness when well-meaning strangers ask how far along I am, and I tell them five months. They try to cover up the look of shock on their face with a, "oh, five months? Really? I would have thought....ummm, well congratulations!" Go ahead. Ask me how many babies I have in here. I dare you.
Happy (upcoming) Halloween, everyone!