7 Quick Takes-End of September

I've decided to incorporate the 7 Quick Takes concept into my blog, simply because I get frustrated with myself when I only post one recipe per month. Also because writing, even just writing about recipes is a great outlet for me, and I feel restless (otherwise known as "useless" or "lazy") when I take long breaks from writing. I have no idea if this will turn into a weekly thing, but let's give it a shot.

1. Fall is technically here, although I've learned that fall in the South means it's 90 degrees instead of 99 degrees every day. Despite missing New England so badly I feel physically ill, I've decided to embrace Louisiana fall with everything I've got. So far, that means I've been enjoying pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. Don't judge.

2. I was recently introduced to Cadbury Screme Eggs. Pregnant women across America, take note.

3. Tony still stubbornly refuses to talk, other than the occasional "mamamamama!!!" when he's majorly pissed off at Will. I keep telling myself that his refusal to communicate has a lot more to do with Tony possessing the Y chromosome, rather than a serious developmental problem, but I'm still paranoid/impatient/frustrated/Italian enough to schedule an evaluation with a speech therapist. His meeting is on Monday, and I will keep you updated.

4. I did something to my back a few days ago, something incredibly painful. Don't ask me what I did, because I have no idea. However, the pain was severe enough to warrant a trip to the doctor's office yesterday, where I was given (pregnancy safe) pain meds and a referral for physical therapy.

5. My husband is a superhero. Due to 2+ months of constant nausea, morning sickness and now unbearable back pain, he's pretty much been on full-time Tony duty. In addition to going to school. And ROTC. And the Army Reserves. Will, I don't say it often enough, but you're my rock. Tony is lucky to have you as his papa, and I'm damn lucky to have you as my husband. I love you.

6. As much as I mock the My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding shows, I would really love for a few of those girls to come over for a couple of hours. They could bleach the hell out of my house and teach me some stripper moves.

7. I desperately want to go crazy with fall baking (once I'm back on my feet, that is) but I'm afraid to. Why? Because if there are cranberry, pumpkin, cinnamon, or apple goodness treats in the house, they will all be consumed in a matter of hours. Probably by me. However, if you live in the Shreveport area and want to fuel my holiday baking craze AND take the sweets off my hand, give me a call. Once my back stops hurting, I will bake whatever you want.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts