Sweet and Smoky BBQ Ribs

I have to hand it to Buddy Valastro-this is an amazing recipe. I never really liked ribs growing up, and it drove my parents absolutely crazy. My dad is definitely the "Grill Meister" and once I got over my childish aversion to ribs, I discovered that they're pretty damn tasty! However, I still haven't mastered the art of grilling yet, and I was very pleased to discover that these ribs can be cooked in the oven. The rub was ridiculously easy to throw together, and both Will and I agreed we loved the combination of sweet and spicy flavors. As you can see in the above picture, I made two servings (it was Will's birthday this past Friday, and we had a friend over for dinner. Trust me, one slab of BBQ ribs wouldn't have been sufficient).
Source: TLC

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 2 pounds baby back ribs
  • ½ cup white vinegar
Directions:

1. In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients except the ribs.
2. Rub spice mixture all over the ribs.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate ribs for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
5. Spread the ribs out evenly on a wire rack placed on top of a foil-lined baking sheet. Pour the white vinegar into the bottom of the baking sheet so it will steam and infuse the ribs while cooking.
6. Bake until tender and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours, turning occasionally until meat is tender and crisp on the outside.

Comments

Popular Posts