The Parmesan Potato Pancake that Could Have Been
Source: Food Network
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Warm the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large (12-inch diameter) nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, grate the potatoes in a food processor using the grating attachment blade. Use a kitchen towel to help squeeze out the water from the grated potatoes.
8. Turn the heat down to medium-low if the pancake is browning too fast in places. Place a large plate on top of the pancake and flip the pancake out of the pan. (This is where it all went very, very wrong!). Turn the heat on the pan back up to high. When the pan is hot slide the pancake back into the pan and cook until the bottom is golden and is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes.
9. Slide the pancake onto a serving platter, slice, and serve.