I knew this recipe would be a winner as soon as I saw it; healthy, spicy Caribbean chicken is the perfect summer weeknight dish. I was a little apprehensive about sticking the chicken in the oven after it was on the grill for almost 10 minutes, but I didn't have to worry. The chicken turned out juicy and tender, and completely cooked all the way through.
Source: Food Network
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, seeded, diced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated or chopped ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, bone and skin on
- Lime wedges
1. Puree all ingredients except chicken in food processor.
4. Heat grill to high, remove excess marinade from chicken and place on grill. Grill each side of chicken for 3 to 4 minutes then place on a pan and finish in the oven for 15 minutes.