Bourbon Street Chicken

Seeing as how we're living in Louisiana for at least another year and a half, I've decided to embrace my new state and all of the culinary delights Louisiana has to offer! Specifically, bourbon. (Yes, I know bourbon is a Kentucky thing, but whenever I hear bourbon I automatically think of Bourbon Street in New Orleans). As soon as I found this recipe, I knew had to give it a try. I made a few changes here and there; I'm really not a fan of dried minced onions, so I just chopped up a few tablespoons of plain white onion, and that worked just fine. Also, I sliced the chicken breasts and let them marinate that way, as opposed to leaving them whole. Just my personal preference. I served this chicken dish with a side of risotto and green beans, and it was divine. Simple, delicious, and a lovely shout-out to my home.
Adapted from All Recipes

Ingredients:
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 4 ounces soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/8 cup bourbon
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions:

1. Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl combine the ginger, soy sauce, onion flakes, sugar, bourbon and garlic powder.
2.  Mix together and pour mixture over chicken. Cover dish and place in refrigerator. Marinate overnight. 
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).I did not do this-I simply cooked the chicken and the marinade on the stove top.


4. Remove dish from refrigerator and remove cover. Bake in the preheated oven, basting frequently, for 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is well browned and juices run clear. (Obviously, cook the chicken however you prefer. I promise, both the preheated oven and stove top are acceptable!).

Comments

Popular Posts