Orechiette with Sausage, Beans and Mascarpone
Source: Food Network
- 1 pound orechiette pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
2. In a large, heavy skillet warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and onions. Using a wooden spoon break up the sausage into bite-sized pieces as it browns.