Source: All Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries (I used two cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Chop cranberries in food processor.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
4. Fold in sour cream.
5. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened.
6. Fold in cranberries.
7. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. 8. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
9. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack.