Braised Chicken Tarragon
Source: Williams Sonoma
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 chicken, about 4 lb., cut into 8 pieces
- 2 large leeks, white and light green portions, rinsed well and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Mashed potatoes for serving (see related recipe at left) I did not do this.
1. In the stovetop-safe insert of a slow cooker (I used my Le Creuset braiser) over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Working in batches, brown the chicken on all sides, 7 to 8 minutes per batch. Transfer to a plate.
7. Stir in the cream during the last 30 minutes of cooking.