Source: Food Network
- 1/2 cup dried Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/3 cup grated provolone
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 1/4 cups simple tomato sauce, or store-bought marinara sauce (I use my Sunday Gravy)
1. Stir the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl to blend.
3. Lay the flank steak flat on the work surface. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly over the steak to cover the top evenly.
jelly roll to enclose the filling completely.
7. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the braciole and cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
11. Remove the braciole from the sauce.