BBQ Pork Sandwiches

I have no doubt that some BBQ purists will want to crucify me after this post; after all, the meat hasn't been "smoked" for hours on end on an outdoor grill, and I didn't even make my own BBQ sauce. But you have to give me a little credit here-I'm a Wisconsin girl who grew up detesting anything remotely related to BBQ until I married my Louisiana boy. Once I started visiting his family down South, they introduced me to the REAL places. You know, those tiny little shacks on the side of the road that have those brown paper towels for napkins? I instantly became a BBQ convert, and while I'll never achieve that true Southern flavor, I'd like to think I came fairly close with this recipe (at any rate, my husband approved and he's damn picky about his BBQ). One of the nice things about this recipe is that even though it calls for boneless pork ribs, you can easily buy a cheaper cut of meat, since all those hours in the slow cooker will make the meat tender. I just happened to buy the pork ribs because they were on sale. Also, unless you are making your own, I recommend the Jack Daniel's Original BBQ sauce for this recipe. Will and I really enjoyed the flavor.
Source: All Recipes

Ingredients:

  • 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
  • 3 pounds boneless pork ribs
  • 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
Directions:

1. Pour can of beef broth into slow cooker.
2. Add boneless pork ribs.
 3. Cook on high heat for 4 hours, or until meat shreds easily. 
4. Remove meat, and shred with two forks. It will seem that it's not working right away, but it will. 

5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Transfer the shredded pork to a Dutch oven or iron skillet, and stir in barbeque sauce. 
 6. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through. 

Comments

Popular Posts