Fourth of July Blueberry Pie
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 servings of basic pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
3. Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter.
4. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. (Check out the badass lattice cutter I bought from Pampered Chef!). Crimp and flute edges.
5. Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.