Source: Cooking Light, March 2011
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (about 1 large)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- 1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 (1-pound) loaf country-style white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled goat cheese, divided
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Spoon half of bread mixture into an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.